Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The New Collection from Catrice : Sense of Simplicity

I'm always up for trying new products, new brands and new things! So I was delighted to see a parcel from Catrice cosmetics in my post this week.



Catrice were good enough to send me their new lip gloss and transparent powder to have a play with. I can tell you that the powder could not have come at a better time as I had JUST run out of transparent powder at a shoot the week before! It's like they read my mind! hahaha!

The collection is a special collaboration with Penneys stores which launched yesterday. I would have posted sooner but I've been travelling up until now - I'm in Dublin airport as I type - and haven't been able to. The collection,  'Sense of Simplicity' captures the simple natural minimal make up looks of the fashionable 90s and brings into a modern context. I can tell you that this year I have been asked a lot for 90s looks and 90s skin in particular. The collection features cream to powder blush, transparent mattifying powder, eyeshadow shades and nail varnish shades including the hottest color of the season - jade.

Transparent powder is a god send for a MUA. In fact, its amazing for people in general. Its a fantastic way to get a natural, light and healthy look using powder instead of a heavier finish. I think a lot of people are wary of powder (especially on dry skin) because of the heavy look. Transparent powder is a fantastic way of setting literally anything (I LOVE using it with face paints for the weirder color shoots that I do!) and taking down oily patches on the skin. It won't give you coverage and this makes it a great tool for a MUA to have on their person. I love it because it looks natural, takes down shine and doesn't appear in photos as a powdery finish. You can't really ask for much more then that! I also love that it can be used on any skin tone as well so if you have a catwalk of models with different skin tones then whipping that over the skin means you don't have to worry too much about matching each person to an individual powder if time is factor.

The collection, 'Sense of Simplicity' will be available in Penneys from July to September.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar